Seven Steps to a Start Your Hot Tub Like a Boss
1. Rinse and drain: New hot tubs sometimes have chemicals or old water in the lines from the manufacturing process. Flush the lines by filling the hot tub enough to run your pump for a few minutes, then drain. If you’re restarting your hot tub, make sure to change the old water.
2. Wipe down the sides. Clean the inside of the hot tub with a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft cloth.
3. Install or clean the filter. For new hot tubs, make sure the filter is properly installed. For older hot tubs, inspect, clean and replace the filter as necessary.
4. Have your source water tested before refilling. High levels of minerals such as iron, copper or calcium can cause staining, discoloration or scaling. Testing your source water will help you identify such issues before they cause problems in your hot tub. Contact our Certified Spa Technicians if you have any questions about your water. We are happy to help!
5. Follow our easy guide to start your hot tub on PristineBlue. Step-by-step instructions are available at pristineblue.com/spa-start-up.
6. Don’t stop at the start. In addition to the regular two-week maintenance schedule, make sure to drain and refill your hot tub every three months. This helps prevent buildup of chemicals and other dissolved solids in the water.
7. Use PristineMist® to keep your hot tub cover in good condition. PristineMist® is a protectant and odor preventive for spa and hot tub covers. It works best when sprayed on the underside of the cover and left to dry. Wiping the cover after spraying it is not necessary.