School is out and kids are ready to cool off in the pool!
Follow these useful tips from SafeKids.org to keep everyone safe this summer.
Top Tips for Kid’s Pool Safety
- Watch kids when they are in or around water, without being distracted.
- Keep young children within arm’s reach of an adult.
- Make sure older children swim with a partner every time.
- Teach children how to swim. Every child is different, so enroll children in swim lessons when they are ready. Consider their age, development and how often they are around water.
Make sure kids learn how to swim and develop these five water survival skills:
- step or jump into water over their heads and return to the surface
- turn around in a full circle and find an exit
- swim 25 yards to exit the water
- be able to exit the water without using the ladder
For more water safety tips visit https://www.safekids.org/poolsafety.